THE CHARM OF AN OLD CONVENT: TALES OF MONKS, KNIGHTS AND PILGRIMS ON THEIR WAY TO JERUSALEM
The FARM "LA VALENTINA" was, in ancient times, a convent belonging to the Benedictine monks who had received it as a donation from Uguccione and Flandina Aldobrandeschi in 1097
It was then inhabited by the Templar knights and successively by Cistercian monks who made it a place of rest for the pilgrims on their way to the Holy Land .
In 1303 it was passed over to the Senese Republic and it is here that we lose traces of its history.
Throughout the centuries it has been subject to many modifications and renovations which today make it a peaceful and relaxing farm.